The self storage Property Manager is an energetic, outgoing, self-starter, who has excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills. This employee aggressively contributes to profitability by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships and being committed to customer satisfaction. This senior level manager pays close attention to detail and has general accounting, marketing and basic computer skills.
- Health Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical ($265 Contribution to Premium)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Monthly bonus based on property performance.
- Responsible for the sales, marketing, occupancy, and deliquency management of the facility.
- Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management
- Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquiries
- Shows, rents and cleans self storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials
- Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by management
- Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices
- Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Clean office and restrooms daily
- Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily
- General management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by management
- Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law, and approved by management
- Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates
- Basic Computer Operation Skills Required
- Self-Storage Software Experience Preferred
- Automated Gate System Understanding Preferred
Experience & Qualifications:
- Prior self-storage experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service, retail sales, marketing experience preferred.
- General office and telephone skills are preferred.
- Good organizational skills and basic accounting practices.
- Basic knowledge of self storage industy law.
- Successful record of accomplishment of sales and marketing skills in the self storage or retail industry.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license and reliable mode of transportation are required in order to complete essential functions of this job.
- Weekend availability is required.
- High School Diploma
- Some college is preferred.
- Regularly, sit up to 6 hours.
- Infrequently, light to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently, walk and stand.
- Ability to hear, see and talk on a regular basis.
- Regular professional, office business setting.
- Frequent outdoor exposure.
- Noise moderately low.
- No exposure to fumes.
Westport Properties, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,Westport Properties, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Westport Properties, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Westport Properties' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants subject to background screening.